Etsy Store

Monday, February 7, 2011

Shabby Chic Tray Makeover

I saw this mirror at a good will store and just had to have it. It was only three bucks!! The lady at the counter looked at me kind of funny when I bought it, guess she doesn't realize the miracles a can of paint can do.





I decided to paint it white so I took out the glass so I can paint just the frame.

The back of it had some old velvet on it that I decided to scrape off.  That was definitely the least part of the project, but at least Gracie helped.


I decided to just put some white felt on the bottom.  After a nice paint job, and some candles I think it was definitely worth the three dollars.


I bought the white candles, scrapbook paper, brads and ribbon from hobby lobby.  Thought they turned out cute!

6 comments:

  1. Hey!
    I'm your newest follower from the Relax and Surf Sunday Blog Hop. Also following on Facebook. If you get a minute please drop by and follow back and feel free to enter my giveaways.
    http://alittleoftheother.com

    Have a super week,
    Ellie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there! Nice blog design and I love your kitty! I have never had a cat that colour before :D

    Very nice job with the tray as well :)

    I am following from the Relax and Surf Sunday hop. I hope you enjoy your weekend! Mine is finishing on Tuesday :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stopping by to say hi from the Sunday Blog Hop
    Stop by any time. That is very cute!!
    http://thisnthatboutiqueblog.blogspot.com/
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/ThisanThatBoutique

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea. I have a frame I should try this with. I can't wait ;)

    I'm following from the hop.

    ecwrites.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks for following my old blog i now have an new blog that i hope you will also follow hope to see you there :) xx http://yourbeautyonabudget.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, Nice post thanks for sharing. Would you please consider adding a link to my website on your page. Please email me back.

    Thanks!

    Randy
    randydavis387@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete