Etsy Store

Monday, February 7, 2011

Shabby Chic Tray Makeover

I saw this mirror at a good will store and just had to have it. It was only three bucks!! The lady at the counter looked at me kind of funny when I bought it, guess she doesn't realize the miracles a can of paint can do.

I decided to paint it white so I took out the glass so I can paint just the frame.

The back of it had some old velvet on it that I decided to scrape off.  That was definitely the least part of the project, but at least Gracie helped.

I decided to just put some white felt on the bottom.  After a nice paint job, and some candles I think it was definitely worth the three dollars.

I bought the white candles, scrapbook paper, brads and ribbon from hobby lobby.  Thought they turned out cute!


  1. Hey!
    I'm your newest follower from the Relax and Surf Sunday Blog Hop. Also following on Facebook. If you get a minute please drop by and follow back and feel free to enter my giveaways.

    Have a super week,

  2. Hi there! Nice blog design and I love your kitty! I have never had a cat that colour before :D

    Very nice job with the tray as well :)

    I am following from the Relax and Surf Sunday hop. I hope you enjoy your weekend! Mine is finishing on Tuesday :D

  3. Cute Blog! I’m a new follower Happy Sunday!! I would love for you to stop and take a look at my blog as well! Thanks!

  4. Stopping by to say hi from the Sunday Blog Hop
    Stop by any time. That is very cute!!

  5. Great idea. I have a frame I should try this with. I can't wait ;)

    I'm following from the hop.

  6. thanks for following my old blog i now have an new blog that i hope you will also follow hope to see you there :) xx

  7. Hi, Nice post thanks for sharing. Would you please consider adding a link to my website on your page. Please email me back.